Welcome back after the Labor Day holiday weekend! We hope you had a great Labor Day and are ready to dive back into an exciting work week. We at Alternative Communication Services (ACS) LLC are very excited to be back at work. Actually, we never really leave work at ACS. Someone is always monitoring the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and the 1-800-335-0911 toll free number. The need for equal and effective communication access never sleeps!
So Excited to Attend USBLN
Are you planning on attending the 2013 United States Business Leadership Network’s (USBLN) Annual Conference September 30th – October 3rd in Los Angeles, CA? We are! ACS is a proud member of USBLN and will have an exhibit at USBLN. Do let me know if you will be attending and I will look for you.
At USBLN, there will be exciting presentations on disability inclusive diversity in the workplace, in the supply chain, and in the marketplace. Networking opportunities will abound. For more information on attending the conference, please click on http://www.usbln.org/annual-conference.html .
Exciting Offer for First-time ACS Clients
I will have a special offer for you at the ACS Exhibit. If you become a new client of ACS after speaking with me at our exhibit, we will offer you 20 hours of speech-to-text services for the price of 10! That is a 50% discount! You can send me an email at Valerie@acscaptions.com and I will add you to my list of people to connect with.
Tips for Best Ways to Get the Most From Attending USBLN
(1) Don’t forget to visit the ACS Exhibit.
(2) Be sure to link to the USBLN Official Conference Hotel web site for ideas for places to go and things to see while you are in Los Angeles. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/laxap-los-angeles-airport-marriott/ .
(3) Go to as many mixers, tweet-ups, hospitality suites, and business-after-hours events as you can.
(4) Chat with people while standing in line at Starbucks and meal functions. Make it a point to meet at least three new people at every function.
(5) Take LOTS of business cards. If you are job hunting, there is still time to get some business cards printed inexpensively at www.VistaPrints.com. Stay tuned to this blog for more exciting USBLN information as time gets closer.
Looking for Information on Hearing Loss Accommodations in the Workplace
In the meantime, here is an exciting website to checkout if you are seeking accommodations in the workplace or if you are attempting to provide accommodations in the workplace: http://askjan.org . The Job Accommodation Network has a searchable database with information on just about any workplace disability accommodation topic you might have. I have used their hearing loss resources on more than one occasion and the information has always been spot-on. Please see http://askjan.org/media/deaf.htm . I particularly like the Accommodation and Compliance Series: Employees Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and the Effective Accommodation Practices Series: Hearing Loss. Please email me if you have any questions: Valerie@acscaptions.com .