Finding a job and keeping a job is tough for anyone in today’s dog-eat-dog workplace, But, it can be especially for the worker or job seeker with hearing loss. I conducted a webinar last week (January 15th, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM Eastern Time) for the Hearing Loss Association of America that provided information on:
1. Low tech and high tech options that support effective communication in the workplace and job market
2. Individual communication needs and strategies that will improve on-the-job communication
3. An individual’s rights and responsibilities as they relate to getting what they need in the workplace.
4. Ways to effectively self-advocate
5. Web-based and community-based resources to support the worker or job seeker with hearing loss.
This webinar is accessible to all members of the Hearing Loss Association of America through its On-line Webinar Portal. To join the Hearing Loss Association of America, please copy this URL into your web browser:
Please feel free to reach out to me for more information, as well: Valerie@acscaptions.com